Tuesday, March 15, 2011

The Business End

I am mired in the "business" of getting my book sold.  That means endless hours researching potential agents, reading how-to's on drafting the perfect query letter, and preparing a synopsis of my novel that will spark the right interest while not being too detailed - just detailed enough.

Sound like fun?  It isn't.  I'm a writer - that's my passion and the reason my brain never shuts off with story ideas, characters and possibilities for "the next" work.  But, it's a fact of life that writing the queries and synopses, and dealing with the important folk who can get my hard work read is work that must be done well.  And it takes time - lots of time - if you're doing it right.

So, while I'd much rather be fashioning the opening chapter of my next book, which is racing around in my brain day and night, I am focusing on the business end of the writing world at present.  I'll let you know when I'm ready to mail out my first queries.  Should be soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment