Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Working It Out

Sometimes - in my eagerness to constantly produce - I stress myself out with too many projects.  Well, I've just experienced the ultimate in that exercise.

I have been busy with queries and the synopsis and the sending out to agents and publishers, all in the hope of getting my first novel sold.  At the same time, I was researching and trying to draft my second novel - totally new ground for me as far as the content, so quite absorbing for my brain.  In addition, I have tried to keep up this blog, work on several essays and short stories for submission to other publications.  All this while attempting to keep current on all the other issues and chores of my life.

Not working.

I became so stressed that I didn't even want to pick up a pen and do my daily entry for my journal.  The thing I love to do became the thing I dreaded.  Then, the day came when I just sat staring at my computer screen and had no energy or interest in typing a single word.

It took me a few days to work out what my problem was; I needed to decide on one thing to work on now and give it my best.  I chose the most obvious for me; get the first novel sold.  I will still be doing quick entries in here - as I find time - and, of course, you will be the first to know when that novel is on its way to press!

I'm enjoying life more in the last few weeks, and even got energized to write a short story this morning.  When I have time, I can do that.  And the great thing is - I'm enjoying writing again.

No comments:

Post a Comment