Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Taming Technology

Technology for this writer, can be daunting - and waste a lot of time. When I sit down at my computer to compose a blog post, or work on an edit, or draft a story or an article, I just want to type the words, have them appear on the screen as written and print out when I'm done.

The problems begin when text appears in other languages, formatting suddenly changes, or worst of all, when I save my work only to find that it has disappeared into cyberspace! One of those complications has caused my blog to come to a screeching halt for several days. I therefore apologize for having to rely on technology.

There is an upside to doing everything by phone waves and electronic connection. I'm able to work more quickly, love the quick way I can edit and publish items instantaneously, and I can get my ideas and finished products out to a reading public in ways I never dreamed possible twenty years ago - or even ten years ago - or five!

So, I guess I'll continue to blindly navigate (and learn) the puzzling maze of computer functions. After all, it keeps my brain alive and pulsing. That will help me to live longer and prosper while I'm at it. That way, I can have more time to formulate and publish the thousands of writing ideas that invade my gray matter on an hourly basis. That's the best reason to persevere when my screen goes blank or my browser refuses to act upon a request.

Hope you'll keep coming back to my Musings to see how I'm doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment