Thursday, March 4, 2010

I'm Still Here

To those who regularly come back to this site, I must apologize - again - for my lapse in regular posts.  So much has been going on in my personal life, and my writing time (never as many hours as I'd like) has been completely devoted to finishing my novel.  In fact, I'll be going to that work as soon as I've published this post.

I just wanted my readers to know that I've "had a talk with myself" - a habit developed early as an only child and honed for many years to an artistry - about the need for carving out some time each week to put in print something from the myriad of thoughts that continually ramble through my brain.  I have a legal pad sheet on which I jot down ideas for this weblog, and I'm confident I'll never run out of them.  Time is my enemy, not lack of ideas.

So, I thank you for not giving up on me yet, and I assure you I haven't given up on me either.  I would say I long for more order in my life, but that would be a lie.  I love the crazy, undisciplined days I live and the family and friends I share them with.  But it does create guilt in my mind, at times, for what isn't accomplished.  Thus, the reason for this entry.  Don't give up on me; I'm still a work in progress.

1 comment:

  1. I understand your feelings completely, Suzy. I share them regarding my own life and my own writing, too.

    Eventually, it will all come together, though.
    I'm looking forward to your novel.

    I hope you are doing better as far as your father-in-law's passing.

    Hope you finish the book and drop us a note soon.

    ReplyDelete