Saturday, January 11, 2020

A Typical Week - Ha!

Since my new theme - if that's what it is - for my blog posts is supposed to include funny, or touching or informational or editorial rhetoric about my creative life, then I must explain what a typical week is like for R.J. and I.

There IS no such thing: the only thing "typical" is that the week begins on a Sunday and ends on a Saturday. In between, we both have calendars with meetings, family plans, and work commitments noted, but there are ALWAYS interruptions, changes, and unforeseen "whatevers"! I must add that we thrive on this kind of untypical chaos - it keeps us young, keeps our brains sharp and offers a never-ending menu of challenges.

Let's look at this week to illustrate what I mean. On Monday, we took the day off to celebrate my birthday, and went by train to downtown Chicago. There, we had lunch, and walked the city - and walked, and walked. All fun, but we paid for it with sore muscles and crazy sleep patterns. We did manage to accomplish some of our scheduled activities and appointments, but in doing so, we had to cancel our FB Live show on Thursday to attend to work. We have spent the last two days taking down our Christmas decorations, and our tree - which we had planned to do on Wednesday!

I'm sure many of you could relate to a crazy week like that once in a while, but if you choose a creative life, as we did many decades ago, then craziness and chaos are part of the everyday. In my blog next week, I have a perfect story about that.

Have a great week!


No comments:

Post a Comment