Tuesday, May 20, 2014

What's Going On?

For those of you who read this blog, I'm sure you've been wondering, "What's going on with the book?"  In my last post (Feb. 28th), I stated that the book was "days away from being published".  That was true - from my standpoint.

The delay has been caused by my extremely talented husband, the man who is designing the cover for my book.  After a five-year stretch, due to this never-ending recession, his art business had been "in the dregs" - hardly any business.  We are both pleased to report that he is finally seeing change for the better.  He is currently working on a large project, covering several months, with more work promised, plus he has contracts for other work on tap.

I'm happy to see him back doing what he loves, and, needless to say, the financial turnaround is appreciated as well.  That being said, it brings me to my dilemma: my book cover has taken a back seat for the moment.

I fully understand and accept the delay, but I've been remiss not to pass this information on to those of you who continue to stick with me, as I make this journey to see my novel in print.

My husband is scheduling the artwork on my cover for summer completion, so if that commitment can be believed, the book will be for sale by early fall.

My next blog, talking about something other than my novel, will be posted long before then.

No comments:

Post a Comment