Friday, January 2, 2015

Everything's New!

Wasn't sure just how to start this one.  After all, it was May something when I last posted.  Thought about explaining why I have done no real writing since then: not a blog, a short story, the beginnings of another novel - nothing.

But this past year hasn't been about me.  It's been about the man I've known longer than anyone (except my parents); my beloved R.J., and he's the one who got priority over everything in 2014.  Not to dwell on too much detail, but he suffered a severe concussion that prevented him working for over four months, then had two injuries and a virus that escalated his enforced leisure into a couple of additional months.  I became caretaker, nurse, and person in charge of all things business and home. And his good health and well-being were all that mattered to me.

The good news is that he is now back to his old self, busy creating new projects, and encouraging me to resume my writing career.  So, with a New Year in front of me, I decided it was time to explore my creative bent.

I'm starting with this blog because it's "already out there", so to speak.  My plan is to post something here at least once a week.  There will be a variety of subjects: old topics, new interests, some critiques, etc., even recommendations of good books I read.  Of course, I will be keeping everyone apprised of my published writings.  I've even decided to include photos, occasionally, to make the look of the blog more inviting.

Thanks to those of you who continued to check in here, and your searches will no longer be in vain, I can promise you.  I'm eager to be back at my keyboard, and I have lots of ideas in my head.  Please comment on my blogs - first of all so that I know that you're reading them, but, more importantly, so that I know what you most want to read about, and to learn from you how I'm doing.

These past months have made me much more grateful for all the wonderful avenues of my life, and I'm eager to explore new ways of appreciating them.  That's the reason for this post title, and now it's time to begin.



No comments:

Post a Comment