Friday, March 16, 2018

Loving the Nostalgic

 The title of my post today refers to two things: my own reflective self, and a quote by a man I am still learning from - Walt Disney: "I love the nostalgic myself. I hope we never lose some of the things of the past."

I've been researching and gathering many Walt quotes for our new book, because the theme of that book, as with our first two, is recreating for our readers what Walt Disney World was like in it first few decades. Since my husband, R.J. and I are aware that many who are now followers of all things Disney were not even alive when Walt was, we've decided to begin each chapter with a quote by the man whose legacy still lives on.

I'll be sharing more about our in-progress writing next week, but, for now, I just wanted to explain how important we feel it is to not only learn from the present, but revere what came before us, and never lose sight of our sentimental remembrances. Walt never did, and we don't plan to, either.

Nostalgia, sentimentality, wistfulness are all words that express a longing to remember our past, and, by doing that and sharing our memories and stories, we have been buoyed by the responses of our readers who want to hear more. It is what spurs us to keep writing, knowing others want to experience those times with us.

We really can't imagine doing this newest book without making Walt the center of it all. Check back next week for a more complete description of our newest draft.


No comments:

Post a Comment